View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Koudijs
OpenBOOX developer
Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: BeBook Neo
Hi kodomo,

I am interested in a generic Boox developer community (which is not necessarily attached to Onyx). The Boox user community is already quite small so I think that we can only give the developer community some body by covering different models. At source level the A60 and M92 have more commonalities than differences so this should be possible.

I understand that you would like to see a community that operates in close cooperation with Onyx. This probably would be the most effective but the question is if Onyx will provide the platform for this.

For the OpenBOOX project I have choosen to not depend too much on Onyx. This way I am able to provide an alternative for the Onyx firmware, it also gives more possibilities to attract users with unique features. Besides this it is also a result of the fact that only a part of the Onyx code is open, the sources of the system manager and main user interface are not available (it can very well be that it doesn't contain GPL code).

What I did last year is that I started to develop an open source user interface, you can see it in action on the projects YouTube channel. The source code is available on SourceForge. Currently it has some hardcoded references to the A60 screen resolution but it should be possible to remove these and make it run on the M92 as well.
Koudijs is offline   Reply With Quote