Thread: eMonitor
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #5
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_irl View Post
This is really, really cool. I could use this when I watch internet streams on my TV through my notebook and don't want to switch from fullscreen to look at the attached chat room (the kindle browser doesn't seem able to to this on its own). I'd have to use two computers, though, right? Or is there another solution for this? Like if you could log off one windows account and log on another without the first one becoming inactive or something. Anyway, nice work and thanks for sharing.
Actually, it's possible to do this with one computer, but it might not work with all computers. As you can see in the attachment screenshot, I was able to force Windows 7 to add another display using 'detect'. You can then set the resolution to portrait 600x800, and modify the offset x,y in the python script. It's a little troublesome, but if you can get it to work, it's quite nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	anotherscreen.png
Views:	2155
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	76252  
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote