View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #14
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Ah I see, well lets see if Tor starts beating on your door in the middle of the night.
I decided to – you know – just go ahead and ask them. One Laurence Hewitt first says no, but I ask:

Quote:
Just to clarify -- you are asking me not to distribute the derivative work even in the form which requires the recipient of the derived work already have a copy of the original?

Which to clarify one step further, what I'm actually wishing to distribute is instructions for transforming the original version of the e-book into my modified version. So not directly distributing either the original or the derived version, but the means to transform the original into the derived version.
And he responds:

Quote:
Sorry, I utterly misunderstood your message. I've gotten into the bad habit of merely skimming my e-mail rather than actually reading it. Yes, of course you can distribute.
So Tor at least is fine with this. Hooray! :-)
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote