View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
This is definitely a missing piece of overdrive. My kids download books using my phone and Overdrive Media Console (but on my account). I download mine using ADE and my kobo. But my kids get through so many books a week and it clogs up my account and stops me checking MY books out. I have to download the kids books to ADE, then immediately return them so I can borrow mine. But I am worried if I do this for 5-6 books at a time too often, they will freeze my account.

Has anyone actually had their account frozen in Overdrive, or is it an urban myth?

I happens if you return books too quickly, from what I have experienced and what others have said it's less than 24 hours after taking it out. They unfreeze your account within 48 hours and you can use it again. I've only had it done once when I was returning 3 books within a few hours of download (it was my first time using the site and I was just messing about).

Could you not use another account for your children but know the password so you can monitor what they download if that is a concern?
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote