View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
For the first month I had the device, I just pulled it out (they bought some PRS-900s at work and I was testing them out, so I figured... that eject button is not easy to spot, let's see what happens...).

Anyhow, nothing happened. It worked fine.

I wouldn't recommend doing it... you never know... yet, apparently, the 'eject' button is not needed.
It depends on whether any files have been left open. Usually, it appears, they haven't been. But every so often, we get someone posting about a problem which turns out to trace back to an unclosed file being corrupted.

My feeling, just like parking HD heads back in the DOS days, is "better safe than sorry".
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote