View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
AH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst3 View Post
Hopefully someone can help. I recently bought a Kobo Arc and have Calibre installed on my computer with all of my e-books downloaded into the Calibre files. I have instructions on how to transfer them onto my device however after following the instructions and although the Calibre 'jobs' notification shows jobs completed the e-books are not on my reader. Can anyone assist? Thanks.
I think the issue is what reader software you are using on the Arc, and where it expects (by default) to find books.

When the Arc is plugged in, and calibre has recognized it, click on the "arrow" besides the word Device across the top of the calibre screen and select the option configure this device. Here you will see two main areas of interest; a button on the right Change Scanned Folders and an area at the bottom Format Specific Sending.

The Change Scanned Folders is used to restrict where Calibre looks to find books, and hte Format Specific Sending sets up mappings between book types and locations to store them on the Arc.

(Sorry at this point I'm getting out of my comfort zone; not being sure where some of the Android readers look for books. I expect though that you could navigate throught the directories on the Arc from eReader applications such as Moon+ Reader or Aldiko. You could probably also get help in the MobileRead Android forum https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225 as I think from your other post that the ePubs DID make it to the device).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote