View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 09:08 PM   #20
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I haven't read any of the HP books, so don't know if the comparison is apt. But if you read Uncle Tungsten, for example, you can let me know if they indeed have this commonality.

I recommended Kipling's "The Brushwood Boy" to another member wanting recommendations for non-stereotypical love stories, and I realize it appeals to me for much the same reason. In the early stages it is an astonishingly clear-eyed depiction of a child's world view.

"A child of six was telling himself stories as he lay in bed. It was a new power, and he kept it a secret. A month before it had occurred to him to carry on a nursery tale left unfinished by his mother, and he was delighted to find the tale as it came out of his own head just as surprising as though he were listening to it 'all new from the beginning.'"

I still feel a half-joyful, half-panicked frisson when I read that; there really is such power and I want it.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote