Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #517
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutcutcut View Post
New user here, I have followed this thread on and off this year after having the same issue with my kobo glo, the case flap tripping the ir sensors. I still have the issue now and then. How long does it take before one can close the case? Has there been any fixes in the latest firmware as I'm running slighty older firmware?
Hi, cutcutcut, and welcome!

This is a fairly elderly thread now, but, working on the basis that there have been few comments, either the work-arounds are successful, or there has been a firmware upgrade.

If I recall correctly, it seemed that certain covers, especially those with a pocket or flap facing the screen when closed, would interrupt the beams and prevent Glo and Touch models hibernating. The work-arounds were:

a) Wait until the reader had automatically hibernated before closing the cover;

b) Use the switch to put the reader into hibernation before closing the cover;

c) Remove the flap from the inside of the cover.

Certainly I have had no trouble with short battery life since my last post (I get a good week from a charge with three or four hours' reading a day), but I have had a firmware upgrade and now tend to put my Touch into hibernation with the switch - it become a habit fairly quickly, and isn't any hassle.

Hope that helps a bit.
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote