View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'd suggest that you need to be very careful. Sending mass email to a list of addresses that you've bought will almost certainly get you added to various black lists as a spammer. Finding email addresses for clergy and sending mass email to them is possibly less likely to get you labelled as a spammer, but it's still a distinct possibility.

Once you've been listed as a spammer, it can be very difficult to get removed from the lists, and if you're on a list, some (most?) email providers won't accept email from you.

Since you're in the US, if you do decide to go ahead, you'll have to make sure you comply with the CAN-SPAM act. I think (but I'm not sure) that you'll also have to comply with any anti-spam laws in the countries where the recipients live.

I'd suggest a better idea is to set up a mailing list that people can subscribe to. If you use a company like MailChimp or Aweber they'll help you ensure that you comply with anti-spam laws. Plus, you'll know that every person on the list has chosen to get information about your new releases (or whatever you advertise the list as being for), so you'll get a much better response rate.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote