View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #2059
TaraMcTiernan
Enthusiast
TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: none
One True Thing

One of my favorite quotes is from Anna Quindlin's One True Thing where the mother, who is dying of cancer, is talking to her tough-as-nails reticent daughter about life, trying to tell her what she'd learned about life and what she feared for her daughter's future:

"But I wanted to say it...because I won't be able to say it when I need to, when it's one of those nights and you're locking the front door because of foolishness about romance, about how things are supposed to be. You can be hard, and you can be judgmental, and with those two things alone you can make a mess of your life the likes of which you won't believe. It's so much easier...the being happy. It's so much easier, to learn to love what you have instead of yearning always for what you're missing, or what you imagine you're missing."
TaraMcTiernan is offline   Reply With Quote