View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 03:42 AM   #140
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
And of course I just missed this. No email from Sony or Kobo. I checked my gmail account today. Nothing. Checked the spam and trash folders as well. Nothing. I had forgotten all about this and suddenly over 700 books gone. Thanks Sony and Kobo.
Gmail's spam folder clears itself automatically after 30 days so if you got an email and it went there it's possible gmail already deleted it. If you don't already have backups you may still be able to download from Sony. They said downloads would stop April 30th, but I just logged in and tried downloading a book from Sony and was successful.

Quote:
And yes, I should have looked into this before the deadline, but seriously, what a screwed-up business model. Won't be buying anything from Kobo or Sony if I can help it. There is not even an option on their respective web sites to resend the email in case it never comes in. Pitiful.
I'm not a huge fan of Kobo CS, but did you try contacting them, or Sony CS, to see about getting a new email sent? It may not have gone as smoothly as it could have, but Sony could have just closed the store without even trying to help people keep access to their books as has happened with some other stores. :shrugs:

Last edited by AnemicOak; 05-12-2014 at 03:56 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote