View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #69
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmonkey View Post
I have maybe one little thing - when I exit the kindlepdfviewer the home screen of my Kindle is not visible (even though I can browse it) and there is still kpdfviewer, not navigable though - that means that after quiting kpdfviewer it would be great to implement "refresh page" (or I am not sure how to call it properly - I mean when the screen goes black and everything on the screen is redrawn again).
Thanks for your suggestion. I have fixed this in my repo, waiting for hawhill to merge the change. I haven't packed a new version for this fix yet, because I am working on some other features ;-P Currently, you will have to manually press "HOME" key every time you exit the kindlepdfviewer to do a refresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpavlin View Post
In all honesty, I think that rotation by 90° might be better default value than 10°, so I suggest to move 10° rotation to SHIFT+J/K and leave 90° at J/K.
second that.

Quote:
Rotation code is half-baked: you shouldn't really be able to rotate page out of view (as it is right now). We would need to calculate new bounding boxes for page which takes in account rotation.
How about using the native dbus interface to do the major degree rotate? like:
Code:
lipc-send-event -r 3 com.lab126.hal orientationRight &
So we can not only rotate in mupdf, but also in filechooser and other menus. Also, when user quit kindlepdfviwer, the rotation state is kept in native system.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't have DXG right now (I asked friend to make me serial port so I can update kernel) so I can't really test rotation sensor in DXG.
Cool, hardware hacker. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
I have many articles/papers in pdf format, so they all have pretty long names (Author_CompleteNameOfTheArticle(JournalAbbreviati on)_year.
In the mupdf, the long names are cut off.
So are they in the kindle bookshelf. But if you move the cursor to the article, the file's name is shown on two lines. If the name is still too long to fit on two lines, then some part of the file name is replaced by dots, but the last 8 characters are still shown, which I consider to be very important.
Because sometimes the name is the same but the year could be different (as papers may have several revisions)
OK, I know what you mean. I haven't noticed that the native bookshelf has this feature. ;-P

Quote:
Tested some of my very complicated files.
Everything works well, not a glitch.
Many thanks for your testing work!

Quote:
two suggestions/wishes on how to improve reading experience
1) it would be great if the mupdf would get "memory".
Specifically related to the table of contents.
Wow, I have just started working on some thing similar! What I want to add is a "jump stack", which records your every jump motions, so you can fireup a "jump stack" menu and choose which page you want to jump back (maybe we can even adds notes to these jump points).

Quote:
2) I find it rather appealing how the shortcut system is well thought out in Doukan.
Every line both in the file manager and in the TOC overview is 'numbered' by letters, so that pressing a certain letter you can directly start a file or go to some chapter from the TOC without the need to first select that line by joystick.
Obviously, it is of great value for non-touch kindles.
Yes, Duokan has done a great job, except closing their sources.

OK, this feature is not difficult to add. Now we have a long TODO list:
https://github.com/houqp/kindlepdfviewer/issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Just wanted to add a short note that I'm soooo happy you guys are working on this :-) I'm somewhat buried in other work, and it's a great pleasure to see the "release early" paradigm work out really great in my "absence". You guys rock :-)
Good luck to your work then, looking forward to your return.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote