View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
saxondawg
Connoisseur
saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle paperwhite
Kovid, I believe that's the case here (that my documents have used p tags). I've looked enough to see that there are many different options in CSS, which is why Sigil is a good tool (or debug in Calibre). But since I've seen this consistently happen with many documents, I would suggest trying it and seeing if I'm onto something--yes, I realize I need to fill out a bug report. When I tried, I saw I had to create another kind of account and just didn't want to take the time. I'm still curious why Calibre has changed to the smaller indents when it converts a document. I've used Calibre a long time, and this was never the case until very recently. 1.5em, I believe, was standard (just as it is now when we check the box to take out all lines between paragraphs).

EDIT: I've run a couple of more experiments with differing results. I think I'm showing my ignorance in all this; I can work with CSS to some extent, but I know I'm not fluent. I can see that a real issue is that the CSS differs so widely in style that there's really little way for Calibre to anticipate what that style is. So those who advocate working in a program like Sigil are probably right here. But it's odd to me that in many hundreds of conversions up to recently, I almost never had an indent issue. Never had a reason to look into debug or Sigil. But now I'm having to pay close attention. I don't know why that is, but the bottom line is that this is something I can fix myself, just have to stay on top of the style sheets. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by saxondawg; 04-04-2013 at 06:11 PM.
saxondawg is offline   Reply With Quote