View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Does Save To Disk replace older files with files that have newer metadata? If I Save To Disk the library, then later modify some metadata in the Library, then Save To Disk again to the same folder, does Save To Disk automatically replace the previously saved files that have older modified dates and older metadata (such as OPFs)?

Does the default column Modified have anything to do with this? I haven't been using this column, but maybe it's there for a good reason I haven't been aware of?

When I periodically Save To Disk for library backup purposes, is it better to just Save To Disk into the same folder time after time? Or to a new folder each time to insure all the new metadata is captured in the saved library's book files?
STD
will overwrite
will not delete old files that no longer exist because the (folder) name changed or were deleted from the Library.

A FULL backup should just copy the entire Library Folder with Calibre NOT RUNNING (to avoid any file locking issues).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote