View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
pdf to epub conversion

I have a book scanned in pdf format that I'm looking to tidy up and convert to epub format. The pdf is text only and will require a fair amount of editing to correct errors.

This is my first attempt at this sort of thing, so I'd appreciate advice as to the best way of tackling the project. Should I convert to epub and do all the work in Sigil, or should I convert to text (or maybe HTML), do the donkey work of text editing and correction in OpenOffice and then convert to epub and use Sigil to sort out the formatting issues? Or is there a better way that I haven't thought of?

I'm running Linux, in case anyone has any suggestions for utilities.

Thanks in advance.
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote