View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #46
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
And the DX backup in the pastebin has 16 image files, including those MTD parts... Good luck making a noob guide for that.
Just publishing the command sequence that dump'd those 16 image files is still on our "to do" list.
Done, page down a bit.

What to do with them, and what they contain, are still part of a "student exercise".

And for those folks not Linux kernel VFS driver gurus -
There is a driver that can emulate an mtd device using those mtd file images.
And everyone already knows how to handle the mmc file images.

Note: the "hidden 1" image **should** have that i.ROM data block in it. The "hidden 2" image **should** have the FAT32 partition table (and MBR area) in it.

As I recall, we dump'd the storage in blocks of 1024 bytes, so that we would hit all of the physical address boundaries, and made sure the (1024 byte) block counts added up to the known starting point of "user storage device" partition (which is the 17th image, not present in the set).

But we really need to bring up the i.ROM code in that DX that was the source of those files and "peek" the absolute addresses at the start of each image file to ensure that the image files and the absolute addresses did, in fact, end up in alignment.
(That needs to be done before using the images to re-initialize a DX that does not have a running kernel to do the image-start to absolute address translation for us.)
Part of the hold-up on writing that noob's guide for the DX.

Last edited by knc1; 09-26-2012 at 01:29 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote