View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #9
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael.s View Post
Well, now I feel more confused haha. I tried kindle for pc and opened a converted pdf, and it looked fine. But of course, that's not exactly the same as a kindle, right?
Correct. Kindle4PC is a uses a different rendering engine. The Kindle Previewer is a better preview tool. It's distributed as part of Amazon's Kindle publishing program and is available on this page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000234621

It's a rather faithful previewer for the Kindle hardware appearance. It even replicates the Kindle's own font.

Quote:
...So I was wondering if a few people with different readers can test a file for me on different readers. ... I would appreciate it if those that test them out comment on their readability.
Both are quite readable on a Kindle 3 if, and only if, you have very good eyes. They display well, but the text is in the 4-6 point size range. Well within the Kindle's ability to properly display but too small for most people to read comfortably over an extended reading session. If you rotate the screen to horizontal display, the text size is much better though still a bit small, but you have page through 3 screens to read a single page.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote