View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #32
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
So, you also would disagree with "Sydney's Mom" who posted: "This is a poor area, and most residents don't have internet access." As I happen to live in San Antonio, I know how wrong such a statement is.
Well, first off you did say channels of cable, not whether or not it came with internet. Also, there's the issue of whether or not the cable box has wifi chips- a lot of them still don't, so you can only hook up one computer thru ethernet. Maybe a second via USB. So mobile "broadband" is sometimes these peoples' only internet.

I'm not entirely sure the parents have smartphones themselves. I know that for all their smartphones, the kids usually don't have a home computer, so they still have to type out papers and print them at school. So this library might be aimed at the parents instead of the kids.

That having been said, where I live isn't the most depressed part of Texas by a long shot, and the school district is well above average for the state- even at it's worst school.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote