View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You CAN take it with you

Instapaper has been getting a lot of attention the past few days. It's a pretty good tool for saving webpages to read later, but it's not the only one out there. I know of 4 or 5 tools that do pretty much the same thing.
  • Web2FB2 - This is a single page at a time conversion tool. You have to navigate to its page and give it a URL. The only out put is FB2, which is primarily a Russian format.
  • Zinepal - This tool is very similar to Web2FB2 except that it can take multiple URLs as input and it can produce PDF, Epub, and Kindle formats.
  • Simplicissimus BookMaker - This is an online tool that doesn't work from URLs. Instead it accepts 9 different file types and can output Epub, PDF, or Kindle.
  • mjBook - This tool can be downloaded and run on your computer. It accepts txt and MSWord files, and creates Jar files that can be read on any Java enabled cellphone.
  • Feedbooks - It's been a while since I looked at this one. At that time I was using it to collect my RSS Feeds into a digital newspaper. The neat thing about Feedbooks is that it makes self-referencing ebooks. That digital newspaper I made had a link in it that, when clicked, caused Feedbooks to make an updated version and download it to me. Feedbooks is also a publication platform. It does more than I can describe here.
  • Instapaper - This still my favorite at the moment because it gives you the option of placing a button on browser toolbar. If I'm looking at a page I want to read later, I can click on the button and it will be saved in a queue. Instapaper outputs in paper, PDF, Kindle, and Epub.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote