View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
Hi all.

Few months ago I paid $30 to become a Fictionwise club member, after that I try to buy my books from them. Now I notice their prices are higher (sometimes more than twice) than Amazon or Sony prices. I own Sony readers and an iLiad, so Amazon prices are only a reference point for me. I usually buy books in lit format, but now I'm not sure if it's worth to pay much more for that format.

Here is an example:
The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life. Hardcover is $23.10 at Amazon, Kindle is $9.99, Sony store has it for $11.99, BoB shows $9.79 and Fictionwise price is $25.29 (for club members, after micropay rebate).

I wrote to Fictionwise about price differences, didn't hear anything from them. In last month I've bought few books from Sony because Fictionwise didn't have them or price was higher.

Is this typical? Do you see such large differences for your shopping list?

David
Their prices usually are close. BoB usually is slightly cheaper, but having a membership Fictionwise puts them ahead of BoB.

The example you chose is a bad example SnowBall is part of a sales promotion "NY Times Bestsellers" for $9.79 or less.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote