View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #32
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks cromag. But with the installing updates, how is Microsoft going to contact me that I need to install updates? (I'm just so used to the updates happening basically automatically when I shut the computer down.) (I just don't want to screw anything up.) And really, I use Chrome all the time, even though IE is my default browser, so what's the big advantage to making Chrome the default browser? Maybe I should just leave well enough alone.
If you're using automatic updates, nothing will change. That is a seperate subsystem independent of IE. If you're doing them manually, set a bookmark in IE (Add to Favorites, or whatever it's called), and when you want to do updates, launch IE manually with the blue E, and go to that bookmark.

Unless you tell it not to, IE will also probably ask you if you want to make it the default browser any time you launch it, so it's easy to change back.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote