View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #10
forcheville
Zealot
forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs650, Boox M92, Samsung Slate 7
I have an M90 and use it a lot but see it as more of a device for reading books than studying from them. I don't think epaper devices are fast enough for the latter use.

For study you need to flip pages and search very fast, be able to take notes, or call up a notebook/calculator/spreadsheet/dictionaries etc. instantly as well as do websearches. You also need to be able to flip to other books and skim through pages. All of these need a serious tablet, probably a full Windows tablet with stylus ability like the expensive Samsung Slate 7.

With the M90 I start a book and then stay with it until it's finished, occasionally pausing to make a note with the bookmarking feature. At that level it is excelent.
forcheville is offline   Reply With Quote