View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 09:02 AM   #8
HardBall
HardBall began at the beginning.

Device: nook, entourage edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjangs View Post
There's no official release date but the general consensus/guess is that it will be officially announced Jan 5 at CES and released shortly after.

Right it has no color mode, and on second look I see it's not e-ink. I wonder if it will give a similar viewing experience given it has no backlighting.
I was hoping that they would announce some, any firm date soon. I remember hearing about it (or something like it from Asus) a long time ago, and it never seems to materialize. Hope this time it's for real, and they come out with a product that's feature/price competitive.

If it is indeed only a monochrome screen, I hope they price it appropriately, like the Sony daily edition (249 USD), which makes it a somewhat interesting alternative for me. The only thing is that it won't have color graph/picture/video display capability, but something I might be able to live with depending on the price. But if they try to price it on the level of much richer devices like eDGe or Adam, then I'd probably laugh.
HardBall is offline   Reply With Quote