View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 06:34 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I don't think that has been established at all legally. I can sell or give away a paper book, why not an ebook. I'll bet the computer had an operating system on it as well. What about that? Should that be deleted as well?
Depends what the licence terms of the operating system are. If it says that it's "non-transferable", then yes, it should. I think, though, that a Windows licence is transferable.

My point is not whether it's been established legally, but that it's what you've given your agreement to at the time that you buy the book. It seems plain "wrong" to me to accept the terms of the seller at the time that you buy it, and then to turn round and ignore those terms when it's convenient for you to do so.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote