View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #10
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
The subtitle of the report is:
"Technology is changing the way Americans read, and those under 40 are leading the way."
I did see the subtitle. And of course it's indisputable. Technology is changing the way Americans read. No argument.

But my point was that the report didn't say anything about what the population was that was surveyed - or how they were selected. It merely said adults. The fact that the subtitle drew a conclusion about Americans might well be valid, but there was nothing in the report that linked that to the survey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Also the source info says it was a sample of 1000 adults nationwide with an additional survey of 819 ereader and tablet owners later.
I can't see the word "nationwide" anywhere in the report. But I'll accept it's there and I just can't see it.

I note that the report was produced in association with Bookish. I suspect that Bookish did its research by asking visitors to its site to take part in an on-line survey. Since Bookish is "a website designed to help people find and buy books", its site visitors are hardly likely to be representative of the population as a whole, even of a relatively tech-aware country like the US.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote