View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
What should it be called?
The bright spots on an frontlit eInk screen are usually caused by damage to the light guides. They are not picture elements aka pixels. In most of the ones that I've seen, they cover more than one pixel.

Perhaps if we said, "my frontlight has 4 damaged/bright spots" instead of "my screen has 4 stuck pixels", it would keep some people happier. A stuck pixel would be stuck whether or not the light was on. A damaged light guide is visible when the light is on.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote