View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #254
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Funny...
Different tastes...
I love it in portrait mode.
It's great in landscape mode for browsing the web and such.
But I love reading on it in portrait mode. I've always preferred the 16:9 (or similar) widescreen over the 4:3 (or similar) rectangular format. Loved Sony 900 for that...
Of course, the extreme length (in portrait) means an enormously long lever and isn't as comfortable to hold as, let's say, 7" Kindle Fire HD.
But actually I find it easier to hold than iPad 3. I don't like the curved edges on iPad 2 and 3, they kind of "cut" in your palm after some time. Whereas Surface, with its orthogonally shaped housing is less "painful" to your palms.
Hey, man... as I said, I'm transitioning. If you love to read on it in portrait mode, I hope I get to love it too. It was some money dumped on it after all =P And I'm fed up with all the crashes of the apps (especially while surfing) in my ipad 1.
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote