View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #20
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozawun View Post
I'm with you, cobber, the whole idea is just a bizarre fantasy which he never intends to try.
Oh, I think, in the dark, dusty, cobweb covered recesses of what passes for his mind, he intends to do so, in order to show that he's a manly man and a rebel, and all that. I just don't think he ever will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozawun View Post
However, your suggestion about what he should do if arrested is even more illogical and bizarre; his logical approach would be total non-cooperation, ie the exact opposite of your suggestions.
I didn't say he should do that, I said I expect he would, if he were arrested. Honestly, it's hard to imagine he would ever show the technical skill or marketing ability to make enough of a splash to actually get noticed that much. If he were to try, and produce a web site that actually worked (and didn't immediately get compromised by malware writers due to poor security), I would expect it would last about a week, and get taken down via DMCA notice, and that would be that. He'd whine about it here, to the usual chorus of pointing and laughing, but he wouldn't do anything to resurrect it. And not enough people would bother with it to be worth pushing for criminal enforcement.

But if he did manage to get arrested for criminal copyright infringment, I'd expect he'd cave at the first opportunity, logical or not. He's no martyr, no matter how much he wishes he was.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote