View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #11
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Kingston,

How would you normally check a disk volume for errors on the Mac? However you do it, do the same with the disk that mounts from the Gen3. Eg, on Windows, you right click on the disk icon, select "Properties", then "Tools", then "Error checking". Presumably the Mac has something similar?

From your description, however, it seems clear that you do have a corrupt internal file system. What I'd do is make a backup of the "system" folder, then reformat the internal disk (to FAT32) using your Mac, and put the system folder back. That should fix the problem.

I've got a Windows laptop in addition to the Mac desktop. Using the Properties in Windows shows that 53.9 Megs of disc space are 'in use' even though my programs on the disc total around 12 Megs with 9.7 megs alloted to the System folder of the Cybook.

I did the error check and defrag but nothing seemed to change.

Harry or Dale, could you give me instructions on how to do what you propose on the Windows computer (reformat the cybook internal memory)?

I'm not sure how to format the internal disc on either the Mac or PC.

Thanks much!

Last edited by Kingston; 06-29-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote