View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Unfortunately, text-to-speech does not always pronounce words correctly, so I wouldn't want to rely on it to pronounce dictionary words correctly.

The K1's dictionary showed the International Phonetic Alphabet version of how to pronounce words, when you clicked on the word detail. I understand that is no longer the case, which is too bad.
K3 has two dictionaries, the New Oxford American Dictionary does have IPA spelling if you actually go to the dictionary listing. I have several 3rd party dictionaries, TTS is not enabled in any of them. It's not a DRM restriction, just a 'feature' of TTS apparently.

It's not clear why you'd need the dictionary to have TTS pronounce the word, if it is in the text then just use the TTS there. If there's something in the dictionary you want TTS to read, you can create a highlight, then find this in My Clippings and use TTS there. Not very convenient but ...
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote