View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 02:03 AM   #3
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I think the best way would be to use Calibre to pull the forum posts down using the RSS feeds that the forum provides.

BOb
AFAIK, most forums don't provide RSS feeds for their discussion threads. (Is there a way to get a feed of "all the discussions with new posts in the Reading Recommendations folder?")

I have the same issue with LiveJournal--I want to throw posts & comments on my Reader in the morning, and read them on the train & at lunch. A feed of just the posts is pretty much useless; most of the posts, like the posts here, are intended as conversation-starters, not news articles.

I don't think there's any software that automatically removes the "junk" or repeated parts in forum posts. (In forums like this one, there's not even a way to get all the posts on a topic on a single page.) This is partially because there are so many forum arrangements and a method would have to be designed for each forum layout, and partially because the idea of taking your web content offline has always been troublesome for some people.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote