View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #24
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I wish there were a way to disable the sensor short of mechanical contrivance (such as a software setting). The vest pocket I often put my kindle in is close in proximity to my phone and magnetic pocket closures, so it tends to wake up spontaneously, as I only recently discovered. I have also been carrying it in there with my Kindle Touch (which has a cover) which also triggers the sensor if they are 'face to face''. No wonder the battery drain has seemed excessive.

I tried a third party cover and like other commenters here, found it did not reliably keep my PW from waking, as even slight movements could trigger wake. I would like to think that the Amazon cover would not have this issue, but then I like using it without a cover and do not want to spend $40 just to solve this spontaneous wake problem.

I will probably experiment with affixing a thin magnet to the bezel where the sensor resides to see if that has the desired effect.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote