View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanniel View Post
But I was still confused about the entire ebook being in the window. So, I downloaded a few sample books, and sure enough, they were displayed in their entirety as well! I scrolled through The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, which is almost 300 pages long!
I still don't understand this part. Let's clarify some things:

Scrolling to me is one line at a time—which means you always have some of the same text on the screen. One line moves off the top of the screen, and a new one shows up on the bottom—everything else is still there, just shifted up (or down) one line. That's scrolling. Never in my life has ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) Desktop software "scrolled." Even if I grab the slider with the mouse, it changes the whole screen with all new text each time—it pages. By the way, you don't have to use Next and Previous from the Reading menu ... the arrows in the bottom right-hand corner (under the slider) do the same thing.

Perhaps you're hung up on how things appear to move "up" or "down"? You still should get a whole new "page" of text each time you click Next or Previous. That's paging, not scrolling. Up, down, left, right ... you're still presented with a brand new page full of words each click.

If your only concern is wanting to start a new page at each chapter break, that's accomplished in one of two ways: 1) Using Sigil to physically "split" the (x)html at each new chapter (inserting a Chapter Marker is not enough, you must split the files at the Chapter Markers). Or 2) using CSS to assign "page-break-before: always;" to the (x)html elements that represent your new chapter points.

And by the way, the sample ePub you provided the link for "pages" by clicking the next and previous buttons in ADE just like every other ePub does for me in ADE. You either have a very different version of ADE than I do, or I just flat-out don't get what you're trying to say.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-12-2012 at 01:52 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote