View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
You say it, there are 3 major things I don't understand why iRex can't do them right are:

* suspend (okay this needs a bit of work, but's it not that hard. IMHO all you need to do is to turn of the onboard clock generator, and have any key also make an interrupt to turn it on again, no need to safe to disk, only the RAM and the cpu without clock take AFAIK hardly much current)
* user replaceable battery (I know many devices today come without, starting with all the apple devices. But is it really so hard to make it a socket where you click in/out the battery?)
* SD card reader (This should really be a no brainer, I cannot understand why they come up with the book edition without upgrading the MMC reader, did they fire their whole tech team?)
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote