Thread: Before I buy..
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #8
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I have both Kindles and Kobos. The Kindle 3 is a very nice device, with great integration with Amazon's bookstore. Of course, it is primarily for .mobi files.

Particularly with the release of the Kobo Touch, our Canadian alternative is a finally a true alternative. Of course, it is primarily for kepub and .epub files. A really nice side benefit is the ability to borrow ADE DRM library books and play them back on the KT.

All else being equal, I am quite happy to keep my Kindle 3 for mobi and Kobo Touch for kepub/epub. The savings over buying paperbacks of the same titles easily covers the cost of the devices in a reasonably short period of time.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote