View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 02:18 AM   #1
Evil Overlord
Enthusiast
Evil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Question Basic editing tool

I downloaded several hundred free e-books. Many of them have less than perfect formatting or OCR (it seems) conversion. I'd like to fix these.

Sigil seems to be a great program for building ePUBs, but I'm finding it awkward for basic editing. For example, finding typos, spotting incorrect paragraph breaks, etc. The manual doesn't seem to answer my questions.

I'm not expert enough on CSS (yet) to take full advantage of that tool. I've tried pasting text into Word to edit, then pasting back, but that seems to mess with the formatting.

1. Is there a better way to fix errors and ensure consistent formatting? e.g., a more user-friendly editor.

2. The drop-down style menu seems to offer only a few built-in styles. Is there a way to get it to reflect all the styles in the CSS?

3. How can I learn what the built-in Sigil CSS definitions are?

Last edited by Evil Overlord; 07-02-2011 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Expanded/modified CSS issues
Evil Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote