View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 03:45 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Personally I think a tools is in most cases useless if you cannot apply it to 1000 book easily or if you could not repeat a conversion without manually doing things like clicking in a user interface.
For Mobi books one has a choice of both command-line and GUI tools, so it's the best of both worlds.

The reason I prefer to use the GUI tool is that it gives you a quick and easy way to check--and if necessary change--the book's metadata before building it. For example, many books list the author as "firstname lastname" whereas I prefer "lastname, firstname". Similarly, for books which form part of a series, I generally change the title so it includes the series name and the book's number in the series. I know that the metadata can be changed with your "mobi2mobi" tool, but it's easier to check that it's right at the time you build the book, rather than build it, load it onto the Gen3, notice that it's wrong, delete it, rebuild it, reload it, etc etc.

I don't know of any tool that will simply display a book's metadata, so that one can see if it's right (your tools won't do that, will they?). What would be really useful would be a tool which one could simply use to get a "directory listing" of a folder full of books, showing for each one the author, title, category, etc.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote