Thread: Firmware Update Manual update link from Amazon
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 04:33 AM   #9
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PR-505 / Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinter View Post
Not at all Sheikspere. I, like a lot of people, have no interest in using hacks however they arrive. I have been waiting patiently, like everyone else and have a genuine link on the Amazon web page that those of us unable to update wireless can use. Thought it might be helpful to those others on here like me. I am a simple person who has the patience to wait and I dont want to use hacks on my unit which I think should be my choice.
Who's talking about hacks? I too have no hacks on my Kindle. Sharing the official Amazon 2.5 update on your device with another user does not constitute a "hack". It does not breach anything. These updates are free for Kindle users. Once you download them onto your PC, it's no big deal if 2, 3 or a 100 users use the same file. There's no rule that says that each Kindle user is permitted one download on his/her PC. This is not Stalinist Russia we're talking about.

As for the moralising about being a simple person, no disrespect my friend, but simple people use paper -- not sophisticated reading devices like us! :-)

Last edited by Sheikspeare; 06-17-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Sheikspeare is offline   Reply With Quote