Thread: Firmware Update Manual update link from Amazon
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
luvmy4brats
Connoisseur
luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinter View Post
yes it is Pushka as surprisingly a lot of us dont have the wireless facility so we have to seek our selves. You see some of us on here dont want to use hacks or strip DRM's off our books and are happy to use our Kindles via Amazon legally. Weird concept I know but I am not trusting an investment like that to some links I dont know anything about.

Natalie
I think there's a big difference between stripping DRM off books and using the hacks. There's nothing illegal about installing the hacks on your Kindle.

In any case, the file I posted was not a hack to begin with. It was the file that Amazon sent my Kindle! I was just able to copy it before it was able to install itself. The same one that was sent to a bunch of other Kindle at the same time as mine. I'm just the only one that was able to make a copy. Nothing illegal about that.

And as others have stated, Amazon does not consider using hacks as a violation and they do not void your warranty. They just don't support them if something happens when installing (and I've never seen anything happen that couldn't be fixed) Here's a post from the customer service thread from last year (the original amazon post is linked at the bottom)

http://www.kindleboards.com/index.ph...html#msg104666
luvmy4brats is offline   Reply With Quote