View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #37
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFour View Post
Hardware acceleration of video won't fix Flash's horrendous performance elsewhere. A web site should not peg both cores on a 2 ghz system. Ever.

It is a step in the right direction, and I am glad Apple's opening up an API for it, but video is only a small part of the problem.
Frankly, Flash's performance is hardly "horrendous" on any my Macs, anyway. Most people can't tell if they are using Flash or not, and don't care.

(I have a white MacBook which runs its fans with Flash, but it does the same with any video, including QT and H.264, and any significant load (like even opening a large PS or PPT file. So it's most likely an Apple hardware/software design problem).

But, nevertheless it is a step in the right direction on Apple's part, after all these years.