View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #9
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Is there a setting somewhere for the CoolReader to maintain your formatting? I just downloaded it yesterday, and this is my first experience with CoolReader. It looks like it mostly maintains my formatting... except for some reason it always seems to cut off the very first letter of the very first word (which isn't a bit deal, as that is just the title), and all the double spaces between paragraphs are instead single spaced, with an indent of the beginning of the paragraph. This isn't really a big deal, but I was wondering if there was a way to go back to double space between paragraphs. Although... I've just copied text and pasted into Word Pad from web pages, so maybe it's really not formatted like I thought it should be. In Word Pad it shows up as double spacing, but maybe it has more do to with HTML and it's not really saving it that way. But no... I just opened up the file in question and it is double spaced on my computer. So is there a setting somewhere in CoolReader?

Thanks! And hopefully I'm not rambling too much, and what I said makes sense.
Sorry, I'm not that converscent in CoolReader. However, my files have not lost the first letter of the files, in RTF. I haven't gone into it much since the revised March F/W so I can't say whether it is not keeping the settings or not. If you are using a file that you have cut and pasted from the web, chances are you have Lots of formating in it. And, unless you are using a word processor you can see the codes in, like Word Perfect, you may have codes galore affecting the display.

Good luck.

AJ

PS: I don't know about Word or other word processors, but Word Perfect has the ability to "paste" without formats and codes. After I've gotten whatever info I want, I "cut" the entire document and "paste" without codes, and it clears all codes out of my file. Then I can start fresh to format it the way I want.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote