View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #16
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie7 View Post
But why is it not possible to turn it of? The other kindles don't have that light, and therefore much longer battery life. Why did Amazon sacrifice that?
This has actually not been true for me personally. If I use my PW at low light levels, the battery on my on my Paperwhite lasts longer than the battery on my touch, for instance. However, the battery on my kindle keyboard does last longer.

In the comparison with my kindle keyboard, I still don't see it as sacrificing because the Paperwhite performs a function that my other kindles don't. I think you have to take that into account. What's more important to you, having a light, or having longer battery life? It's not a big deal to me at all to plug my PW in more than I would my kindle keyboard, especially since it means having the benefit of a built in light. So that's my take on it.

Last edited by sparklemotion; 02-09-2013 at 11:36 AM.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote