View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #80
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
In reply to Nogle:

It would seem than you have missed my point, intentionally I suspect. The point was not whether it makes economic sense, but that a) the equipment to do it is cheap and readily available and b) it requires neither great skill or intelligence to accomplish it although it does requires moderate amount of care (something most publishers can not be bothered with if the E-Reads ebook versions of Halan Ellison's books are any example. They didn't spend 12 minutes, let alone 12 hours. The production of the books are wretched crap (the books not Ellison's writing.))

Just because a company says this is the way things are doesn't necessarily mean that it is so. For most people, once it is read, a book has no value so the natural thing is to pass it along to someone else. The idea of only licensing as opposed to selling is recent (since the '60 and started with software), there might be some surprises there yet. Most (all?) of the copyright infringement cases up to now have been in the States where the outcome depends on the amount of money you can spend on lawyers (and politicians.)

In the meantime, I will continue to share my books with my immediate family' Licences be damned!
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote