View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #935
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Tomorrow View Post
Of course I don't mind, I would be honoured to be linked from there . [Also, I did not know this FAQ exists. *cough* Because I had been wondering whether the missing TOC in MOBI was a known issue and turns out it was. ^^]
I've added an FAQ about this to the project wiki, thanks.

And I've added a link to the FAQ wiki to the first post of this thread.

Quote:
Yes, the calibre conversion from EPUB to MOBI, while fixing the missing TOC, did not work to fix the indexing, nor did MOBI to MOBI (In hindsight I have not tried EPUB to KF8 nor MOBI to KF8 conversion though (option became only available in recent update IIRC), so it would be kinda funny if that works ). I think I read somewhere that the calibre devs care more about the files working then them conforming to XHTML specs and validating against Epubcheck, which makes alot of sense.
Yeah, I use epubcheck once in a while, but I'm not too zealous about it because it reports problems that nothing else seems to care about while accepting some things that fail on my devices. (Usually because of non-standard limitations on the devices, but still...)

Quote:
It could be that the indexing engine on the KT is less forgiving towards tag soup than with earlier kindles? I have no idea as I don't have another Kindle device to test the files on ...
I have a Kindle 3g, but frankly I gave up on using search on it long ago when my library hit ~1000 ebooks. It's entirely possible it has the same problem. Even when it worked, I didn't found it all that much of a help, since I couldn't restrict the search to title / author.

Quote:
On an somewhat unrelated note, after trying out various similar services, none of which really worked, I found a workable tool for livejournal fics: Readability.com. You just have to append ?format=light (intended for mobile use) to the end of livejournal urls and then give the URL to Readability via one of their many apps/extensions or directly on their website. You can either send an MOBI to your Kindle or download an EPUB!
I've added a note and a link here to the LiveJournal note on our Supported Sites page, thanks.

Quote:
Of course this leaves you with separate ebook files for each chapter which you will have to merge manually if you care enough to go to that effort (I didn't, fic was only 3 chapters ) and there is some stuff at the end that Readabiltiy does not filter out, but it just works wonderful otherwise. According to Readability, the Kindle uses their code for the Article Mode of its browser. The results are indeed very similar.
If I may humbly point you in the direct of EpubMerge...