View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #47
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I think the e-ink devices are perfect for standalone book reading. Long battery life due to low power consumption, easy on the eyes. I have a Sony and a Kindle, and will keep them until they kick the bucket, and then replace them with new ones.

I don't see e-ink dying anytime soon. It's too awesome of a technology. I don't need flash and glitz. I'm function and I'll let everyone else be fashion.

That said, over the next year or so I may want to try my very first tablet. We'll see how many affordable ones crop up over the next while to choose from.

But for me it's not games vs books as well. I like both, but find reading more relaxing and often more interruptable - with 4 children living here, I've got pretty much the perfect hobby. :-)
Yes!

And with the Sony's at least you can always go back to where you left of just by turning it on. And/or read more than one book without losing track of them.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote