View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #12
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Pokee, you may want to take a look at the kids section of the online Calgary Public Library. There are some resources there that you do not need a library card to use. I took a look and they are terrific on the Vox.

http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/a...umblebooks.asp
Thanks Taming...I can get Tumblebooks through my local library, too - but I thought you needed a special reading app for these books (Tumblepad 2.0) and they are only readable online or downloadable for use with Tumblepad on your PC? How did you get some to work on your Vox?

Incidentally, the BC Online Library completely sucks compared to the Calgary Library - especially for kids picture books. For example, when you see how many books there are in the kids fiction category in Calgary compared to BC - it's double! To make matters worse, most of the books in the BC Online Library for kids are YA Novels or Chapter Books - hardly any picture books! And the picture books I could find were Disney books and only good on the PC or MAC. And if you look in the kids fiction category on the Calgary Online Library, it's mostly young kids picture books. So, not only does BC have a crappy selection, that's what the ENTIRE province needs to use, not just one CITY! WTF?!

There's our high provincial tax dollars put to good use...

Last edited by pokee; 11-05-2011 at 12:25 PM.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote