View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #11
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As for italics, probably a bug, but since user_none, who wrote the RTF output plugin is no longer active, it's unlikely to get fixed.
user_none was helpful when I had a problem going from epub to rtf. See this thread. (Don't tell anyone, but his email address is there). If this doesn't get fixed, I'll put it on my list of things to look at. I planned to look at the conversion part of Calibre code anyway. I took a preliminary look at the rtf conversion code at the time of that earlier thread, and this might be a good place to pick it up again.

If I do it, however, don't expect it anytime soon (if ever). I have some merge code I want to fix first (was sidetracked by an interesting recipe/mechanize problem), plus my development machine is still partly busted. I don't even know if I can fix it.

If anyone wants to make it more likely that I look at it, first, make sure there is a bug report and post its number in this thread. Second, do the conversion with debug on for a small test file with italics, and post the stage at which the italics are lost. That should help narrow down where the problem is located.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote