View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
How do I get Cool Reader to see the TOC of a book?
Do I need to convert my books to a different format or add a certain tag?
Right now I'm using a epub which has a TOC but Coolreader doesn't see it.

I'm totally in love with Coolreader. When I found out I don't have font limitations of just 5 custom fonts. I can add as many as I want! I decided to switch to it instead of MOBI.

Now what is the best format for coolreader so the book will see the TOC, skip chapters...etc

TIA
As far as EPUB goes, CoolReader is still a work in progress. I do not see a TOC in EPUB with CoolReader even though I know I created one. My favorite format with the current state of CoolReader is FB2. CoolReader handles those very well, as long as you do NOT use Calibre to create the FB2. CoolReader will create a TOC, on the fly, from all the <title> tags in the FB2 book. You can create FB2 files easily with either BookDesigner or OOoFBTools for OpenOffice. Books created with those tools should easily fit the FB2 Schema standard and pass the FB2 Validator, while the Calibre FB2 conversions unfortunately will not.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote