View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nice, I'll take a look at that later!

EDIT:
There's some really nice ideas here, but it's still a bit too intrusive for my tastes, with the addition of two static binaries, even if it's just rsync & fatattr .

And even if it's nice to know how to do things to let official updates run, I actually like to let the choice to the user. (You want to run an update, just remove the trigger file and reboot, in the meantime, you'll have 'trapped' the OTA update file, and it's always nice to be able to take a look at them ^^⁾ (Edit: moot point, see my answer later ^^)

One thing I really really like is the reboot on usb plugout feature, that's really nice, I might try that. Too bad you have to launch another process in the background to achieve it. (Yes, I really want to avoid touching/adding/running new things in the system side of things ^^).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-25-2010 at 08:27 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote