View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 AM   #15604
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
So... that's definitely not the publication order, then But I trust you, so I'll follow your recommended order (if I ever finish this thousand-page book to continue another thousand-page one... )
(I picked Shogun in the first place because it's the most read one in the saga )
You don't suggest the two later ones, Whirlwind and Gai-Jin?
I simply could NOT get past the first 100 pages of Whirlwind, and I had to force myself to keep reading Gai-jin, although it was a very accurate portrayal of the times. It just kept bogging down!

Not so with 'most' of the others in the Asian Trilogy, though 'Tai-pan' was not nearly up to the quality of 'Shogun' or 'Noble House.' Yet, it was still a good read, just somewhat shallow in comparison. 'King Rat,' on the other hand, keeps you riveted though each page, and the ending just smacks you upside the head! The same happens in 'Noble House,' but there are a so many 'sub-plots' going on in 'Noble House,' so you get that head slap a dozen different times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
I'm 20% into 11.22.63 - Stephen King and it's shaping up to be one of the best books i have read in ages.
I think that's going to have to be my next read. So many have recommended it.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote